HEDGEBUILDERS Filter Uninstall Instructions
If you would like to apply for a refund use the link at the bottom of this page.
HEDGEBUILDERS has two Internet filtering applications:
The S4F FilterPak (Works on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8)
The HSP filtering (Works on any version of Windows and on all Mac computers. It is used primarily on Windows 10 and Macs)
(Mac users skip to the bottom of the page)
Removing the S4F FilterPak
There are two methods for uninstalling the S4F FilterPak:
Method One (Requires an uninstall code via email from HEDGEBUILDERS support):
To uninstall the S4F FilterPak from a Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP Computer:
Go to Start/All Programs or Programs and Features/FilterPak for Windows or HEDGEBUILDERS/Emergency Uninstall or Uninstall:
Your computer will generate a "12 digit challenge code". Leave this number open on your screen and email it to us. HB support will take your 12 digit challenge code and feed it into our admin server which will generate a 4 digit uninstall code. We will email you this code which will allow you to remove the Premium S4F filtering. You do not have to be online to uninstall.
Method Two (Does not require any codes to remove the filter):
For Windows 8 do the following steps:
1. Move the mouse to the upper right-hand corner of the screen to make the vertical menu bar appear. Click Search.
2. Type cmd in the search bar and hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
3. Right-click on cmd in the search results for Programs, and select Run as administrator. Depending on your computer settings, you may be asked to provide an administrator password before you can continue.
4. A black box with a flashing cursor will open; this is the Command Prompt. Type netsh winsock reset and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard. Wait for the Command Prompt to run through the reset. Once it's complete, you'll see the message Winsock reset completed successfully.
5. Restart your computer to finish.
For Windows Vista and Windows 7 do the following steps:
1. Open the Start Menu.
2. Click on All Programs and Accessories, then right click on Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator.
3. A black box with a flashing cursor will open; this is the Command Prompt. Type netsh winsock reset and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard. Wait for the Command Prompt to run through the reset. Once it's complete, you'll see the message Winsock reset completed successfully.
4. Restart the computer.
For Windows XP do the following steps:
1. Open the Start Menu.
2. Click on All Programs and Accessories, then right click on Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator (a black DOS window) will appear.
3. At the blinking cursor, type netsh int ip reset c:\Reset.txt
4. Press Enter on the keyboard.
5. At the blinking cursor, type: netsh winsock reset
6. Press Enter.
7. At the blinking cursor, type: exit. This closes the Windows Command Console window.
8. Restart your computer.
Removing the HSP Filtering
To remove the HSP filtering from Windows 10:
Go to Settings > Network and Internet > Proxy and in the Manual proxy setup:
Turn Use a proxy server Off
To remove the proxy settings from your Mac:
For Safari and Chrome
Go to System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Proxies > and uncheck the HTTP Proxy server check box. Then click OK.
Go to Firefox Preferences > Advanced tab > Network tab > Connection Settings and change from Manual Proxy Configuration to No Proxy. Then click OK.
Send any questions to email@example.com
To apply for a refund click HERE